Dec 12, 2016
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for the Tahoe region.
What to expect: High snow levels, with gusty winds.
* TIMING: SNOW WILL BEGIN BY EARLY TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE
INTO TUESDAY NIGHT.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 6 TO 12 INCHES ABOVE 8000 FEET WITH 3 TO 8
INCHES BETWEEN 7000 AND 8000 FEET. 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE
BELOW 7000 FEET.
* WINDS: SOUTHWEST 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH. SIERRA
RIDGE GUSTS UP TO 75 MPH.
* SNOW LEVELS: NEAR LAKE LEVEL ON TUESDAY THEN RISING TO ABOVE
7500 FEET EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING.
* IMPACTS: SNOW WILL CREATE ICY AND SNOW COVERED ROADS. GUSTY
WINDS OVER THE PASSES MAY RESULT IN LOCALIZED WHITE-OUT